11:30 AM to 12:00 PM (NOON)
POT vs. PILLS! Know the Science - End the Stigma.
The President just announced the opioid crisis is an epidemic. Yet for the millions of American families
whose lives have already been ravaged by addiction, this isn’t news, it’s reality. This Westchester
County, NY mom knows we CAN do something about it. CANNABINOIDS!
~ Studies indicate that cannabidiol (CBD), a natural cannabinoid found in cannabis, effectively
reduces the cravings and withdrawal symptoms in those addicted to opioids, a new research review
concludes. Marijuana isn’t a “gateway drug” - it’s an exit strategy for addiction sufferers.
~ Addiction treatment centers (like one in CA) allow opioid-addicted patients to use cannabis to help
wean themselves off hard drugs. Cannabis can, in many scenarios, satisfy the same ailments –
insomnia, pain, anxiety – that opioids can.
~ What’s already LEGAL is FAR MORE LETHAL! Alcohol & cigarettes cause staggeringly high
yearly fatalities. Marijuana causes none. In fact, there are more than 60 clinical studies on how
miraculous CBD can be! So what’s really going on?
~ Prohibition against pot is a race issue. Statistically the biggest sufferers of the 80 yr. old MJ
prohibition are, and historically always have been, male African Americans.
~ Jeff Sessions is wrong. “Good people” DO smoke marijuana, and should. That’s why he, the
DOJ & DEA are being sued. Marijuana doesn’t cause devastating addiction, impact domestic violence,
and isn’t responsible for vehicular manslaughter… opioids and alcohol do. They’re both legal. They’re
both deadly. Is this really the America we want to leave for our children?!
Shira Adler, aka #MAMA - the Modern Alt. Mom Advocate - is the voice for parents whether raising
Millennials, teens or tots. Educator, activist, advocate, author & entrepreneur, Shira openly shares her
story that has taken her from being falsely reported to CPS (Twice) for giving her kids marijuana (she
never did) to being known as #ThePotMom (and she doesn’t even smoke!). Shira’s not a stranger to
media - her experience runs that gamut across myriad digital and linear platforms - including being the
debut mom on Bravo’s Extreme Guide to Parenting, to GMA, The Today Show, Dr. Oz, as well as on
local cable, podcasts, magazines and blogs. She is the President of N. Westchester chapter of the
Health & Wellness Network of Commerce, member of NY Women in Communications & Women Grow,
NYC (cannabis advocacy & business group). Her first book: The ABCs of CBD: The Essential Guide
for Parents (Why “Pot” Is Not What We Were Taught) is coming out next month.
1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Transformation of Peoples’ Lives With Higher Brain Living (followed by demonstration)
Joshua Schulman Will Be Sharing the Following:
- I discuss the different net effect between a person living with a dominant Higher Brain (prefrontal cortex) and Lower Brain (fight-or-flight)
- How the Higher Brain Living system positively influence the Higher Brain, enabling the person to effect profound positive changes in their life.
- How the system progresses over a 22-session span and how the client and facilitator work together to accomplish great things.
- The consequences of a dominant Lower Brain.
- Via what methods does the Higher Brain Living program influence the body and mind.
- What is the “salutogenic breath” and why is it so important
- What purpose do the Guidebook and “HBEST” (self-techniques) serve in helping clients
- EEG overview
- What can Higher Brain Living (HBL) provide that other mainstream modalities can’t
- Special offer for attendees of today’s presentation
- A demonstration of Higher Brain Living facilitation techniques and a question and answer time.
You Will Learn
- The Higher Brain Living Program is a self-empowerment and meditative program that changes brain physiology.
- The system works via changes in biological electrical fields, circulatory flow and anchoring of resolutions.
- The benefits of the system are the result of a coordinated team effort between client and facilitator; clients commonly experience some combination of : 1) greater calmness, 2) clarity, 3)greater problem-ability, 4)joy, 5) fulfillment, and 6) achieval of goals.
About Joshua Schulman
I am a Certified Standard Facilitator of the Higher Brain Living Program who sees the immense power and individually-tailored effectiveness of the program which leads to a physiologic awakening of the Higher Brain, and towards individual self-determination. I am also a practicing as a Doctorate of physical therapy.
I have been a client of the Higher Brain Living Program and can attest to the program having given me: 1) profound clarity in many areas, but particularly in knowing what gives me fulfillment and what my gifts are that I can share with others, 2) greater ever-presence in my day-to-day living, 3) significant decrease in anxiety with life’s challenges, and 4) a boost in my confidence and ability to solve problems.
1:00 PM to 1:30 PM
Sheila Samuels, Esq.
“Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now.” Alan Lakein, Author and Time Management Expert
Sheila Samuels is an attorney and advocate with fifteen years of legal experience. She began her career as an Assistant District Attorney, then worked for a New York City law firm, where she represented educational institutions with respect to the educational rights and needs of students with disabilities. Drawing upon her experience as a prosecutor and school board counsel, Sheila founded the Samuels Law Firm where she uses her background and experiences to represent the rights of individuals and families. The firm concentrates on education law, elder law, estate planning and administration, and special needs planning. Sheila empowers her clients with strategies to protect and preserve their assets so they can age with dignity and leave a legacy of their choice.
Sheila is a member of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section of the New York State Bar Association and the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (“NAELA”) and has served on the Education and Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
Sheila presents on topics such as the importance of planning early and the rights of students with disabilities and can be heard on New York’s WOR 710 AM and IHEART RADIO.
You will learn:
- What is an estate plan?
- What does a comprehensive estate plan look like?
- Why should you have a plan?
- What exactly is keeping you in the cycle of self-care defeat
- 5 ways focusing on self-care sets you up for failure and what to do instead
- The underlying foundations you need to get healthy habits to last
Gabriella Feingold helps women who have built their lives around taking care of other people to take care of themselves. She lives in White Plains with her husband, Louis, and thrives on performing in community theatre, attending ceramics classes, and jumping ocean waves.
3:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Monetize Your Message Through Public Speaking
Business Coach for Public Speakers, Public Speaker, Networking Expert and Bestselling Author
Orly Amor is an internationally known speaker, business coach for public speakers, Networking Expert and author of several books. Founder of the Health & Wellness Network of Commerce, the Social Wow Factor Conference and The Global Mentoring Center.
Soon after earning both MBA and Law Degrees, she dedicated her life and career to creating prosperity by helping others realize their own mission-based goals and dreams. Extensive experience as a Certified Behavioral Analyst has made her indispensable as a coach to many influential corporate leaders. Despite the impressive education and success as a business woman, Orly remains remarkably humble, authentic, and a very engaging speaker.
In addition to being a great public speaker herself, and a great networker for the past ten years, she has helped Public Speakers create their Business Model for Public Speaking. Her gift is to show them how to monetize their craft by taking it seriously and having what she calls “Business in A Box for Public Speaking.” Thereby teaching them how to fish and increase their revenue and creating referral partners through Networking.
You will Learn:
- What is happening in the World of Pubic Speaking
- The Tools you will need to get started
- What is the number one mistake Speakers make in their Business
- What is Pay to Play and why it is the best form of Getting Paid?
- The 7 Platforms for getting Paid Speaking Gigs
- How much to charge for Public Speaking?
If you are an Exhibitor or an Attendee... You don't want to miss this event.
Emile van der Hilst
12:00 PM to 12:30 PM
Emile van der Hilst
“The Journey of a Spiritual Healer”
Emile will share his journey becoming a spiritual healer. This journey will showcase his talent as well as his work to break through the misconception associated with the profession. Emile will answer questions including: What is true spiritual healing? How did he discover spiritual healing? How did he built up his relationship with the unseen world? What are the benefits of spiritual healing? Emile will also demonstrate his healing gift with audience members.
At his booth Emile will be available to answer general and personal questions. There will also be time for short treatments.